4223 EMD SD40-2, UP #3163, Yellow & Gray Scheme, Paragon3 Sound/DC/DCC, HO
The EMD SD40-2 is a 3,000 horsepower (2,240 kW) diesel-electric locomotive built by General Motors Electro-Motive Division between January 1972 and February 1986.
3,957 examples were built, and every class 1 railroad in North America has operated this locomotive. Part of the EMD Dash 2 line, the SD40-2 was an upgraded SD40 with modular electronic control systems, HT-C trucks, and many other detail improvements. The SD40-2 is one of the best-selling diesel locomotive models of all time. Broadway Limited Imports is proud to bring to your layout this American staple locomotive.
- NEW Paragon3 Sound & Operation System FEATURING ROLLING THUNDERTM with Authentic Sounds and Prototypical Operation in both DC and DCC environments
- Factory Installed Engineer / Fireman Figures
- Locomotive Composition: ABS Body with Die Cast Chassis
- Couplers: (2) Operating Kadee or Compatible
- Compatible Tracks: Code 70, 83, 100 Rail
- Equipped with Traction Tires
- Minimum Operating Radius: 18 in or greater